Five Reasons You Should Consider Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer
In the aftermath of a serious injury, you will be faced with many important decisions. The most important of these decisions is selecting a personal injury attorney. Some people believe that hiring an attorney is unnecessary. The fact is, however, that a knowledgeable injury lawyer will play a key role in maximizing the value of your case.
If you have been hurt, call The Law Office of Donald W. Bedell for a free initial consultation to ensure that you don’t end up with a settlement worth far less than what your claim is actually worth. Our firm has a legacy of success representing clients in all types of personal injury claims.
Here are five reasons why you may need a lawyer:
- You won’t know what your claim is worth. A personal injury lawyer knows how to find the value of your case. After your injury, you may correctly believe that you are entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, the value of your injury, lost income and other damages, but you may not know exactly how much. A skilled lawyer will be able to analyze and investigate the facts of your case and determine its proper value. Of equal importance, your lawyer will be able to negotiate a fair settlement or argue for a fair judgment at trial.
- You focus on your physical recovery. Your lawyer will focus on your financial recovery. The time after an injury is very stressful. You may face a grueling rehabilitation, and there is no guarantee your life will ever be the same. By helping you recover full and fair compensation, a lawyer can ease your stress and reduce your burden.
- The insurance company will take you seriously if you have a lawyer. Until the insurance company has a reason to believe it will lose at trial, it may not make a reasonable settlement offer. When the insurance company sees that an injured person has retained a good lawyer, it is more likely to make a settlement offer that covers your damages.
- Personal injury claims are complicated. There can be many issues in a personal injury claim, particularly when there are serious injuries involved. Your lawyer will understand how the terms of each party’s insurance policy apply to the facts of the case. Your lawyer will also understand how to prepare a case that accounts for your present and future damages.
- There is no risk to talk to a personal injury lawyer about your case. The overwhelming majority of personal injury lawyers, including Donald W. Bedell Jr., offer free initial consultations. Therefore, it costs you nothing to discuss your accident and your injuries with someone who can help you.
Of course, it isn’t enough simply to hire any lawyer. You need to hire a lawyer who has substantial experience representing seriously injured people. Donald W. Bedell Jr. has more than 25 years of legal experience and has recovered millions of dollars for his clients over his career. In addition, before representing injured people, Mr. Bedell worked for insurance companies, where he learned their tactics firsthand. His experience on both sides of these cases offers tangible value to his clients.
Set Up Your Free Initial Consultation At The Bedell Law Firm
With locations in Brick and Toms River, Donald W. Bedell Jr. provides exceptional representation to clients across New Jersey. He accepts most injury claims on a contingency basis, which means you pay no fees unless the firm is successful in recovering compensation. Call 732-965-3246 or 866-625-9523 or complete the firm’s online contact form to begin.